Wild View Wet Plate Collodion Photography Workshop Tuscany
Wild View Weekend workshop on Wet Plate Collodion Photography in Tuscany, in a mountain farm on the Appennini Mountains, near the springs of the river Tevere.
Take part of this two-days weekend workshop on Wet Plate Collodion alternative photography for to learn how to make instant photos directly on the field like the pioneers of the 1800s were doing. Learn alternative photography while living in a mountain farm away from big cities, in the wild Tuscan mountain, nearby the springs of the river Tevere.
Wild View Photography Workshops takes you away from civilization, to study photography in the field, while experiencing a rural life.
You will be accommodated in a farmhouse while you can concentrate yourself on doing antique photography techniques such as wet plate collodion photography.
Michele Pero will be your tutor and teacher for these two days workshop. The workshop will allow you to operate on antique wood cameras for to make positive pictures on metal plates (ferrotypes) as well as glass negatives (ambrotypes.
With this program you will learn how yo do wet plate collodion in safety at home and to start your home made collodion production.
What should you bring
All materials and equipment needed are provided with the course fee. Students should arrive with:
- consider bringing a proper dressing for to protect yourself from staining (also shoes are at staining risk, consider a shoe change for to work safely);
- wear protective clear glasses for to keep your eyes safe while working with certain chemicals in the darkroom;
- bring a box of disposable PVC or butyl gloves of your size for to handle chemicals during the three days processes;
Workshop and accommodation is by Fattoria Sant’Apollinare. Our two days package will cost 85 euro for the lunch of your arrival, dinner and overnight stay, plus day after breakfast and second lunch. The fee has to be paid directly at the farmhouse upon arrival.
Ask us for more information.
This alternative process workshop is managed by the guys at TheDarkroom Academy. When you click the button ‘Register” a redirection to thedarkroom.it website for to complete registration will occur. More information on this program are available there. Click with confidence.
Program of the Wild View Wet Plate Collodion Photography Workshop Tuscany
- Collodion, what’s this unknown and old photographic process
- theory and formulas for wet plate collodion
- chemistry preparation
- introduction to wet plate cameras, modern and vintage, and to the use of the portable darkroom
- sample tests shooting with tintypes in the studio
- how to use flash light for studio photography
- shooting sessions in outdoor with wet plates and portable darkroom
- making of tintypes and ambrotypes (glass negatives)
- fine tuning glass negatives for alternative photography printing
- final feedback and greetings